January 28, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries




I've been hearing a lot lately about the virtues of sweet potatoes, nutritionally, so I am wanting to try to incorporate them more into our diet. When we lived in Egypt, we ate sweet potatoes weekly, they were always so plump, but here (at least where we shop) and in Yemen, they were always kind of on the pitiful side, so I just kind of let them go.

I've heard about Sweet Potato fries and am interested in trying them. Here's a recipe from one of my favorite recipe sites, Simply Recipes. I haven't tried this recipe, but after several searches (including one with this homemade seasoning salt that made the recipe sport basically all of the recommended daily allowance for sodium), I came across this one.
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I've kind of gotta get up the nerve, because I just have this vision of candied sweet potatoes or sweet potato pie in my mind so, I've been a little slow to try.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menu Planning Central.com

Menu Planning Resource Pack
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...